Privacy eSuite (PeS)
Privacy eSuite is the ‘consent engine’ at the heart of our ability to capture and enforce consumer, organizational and jurisdictional privacy policies for hospitals, health information exchanges and physician practices both large and small.
Privacy eSuite consists of two service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based web services:
- Consent Management Service – this enables consumer, organizational and jurisdictional privacy policies to be administered and processed into computable access rules
- Consent Validation Service – this high-speed service determines if a user’s access to a patient’s PHI is allowed based on the rules of the existing privacy policies.
Privacy eSuite supports ‘break-the-glass’ (override) access to PHI.
Standards-based privacy policies may be created at various levels of granularity including:
- purpose of use – e.g. treatment, research, marketing, etc.
- information type – e.g. laboratory results, radiology exam, medication, etc.
- specific user(s), roles, groups of users, facility, etc.
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Java-based n-tier application
- Java Message Service (JMS)
- High availability
- Registry support: standards-based, non standards-based
- Web application servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere
- Operating system: Linux (Redhat), MS Windows
- Databases: IBM, Microsoft, Oracle